Amos Pines MD, BSc. is a 71 year old Internal Medicine Specialist, retired from his hospital position but remains affiliated to the Sackler Faculty of Medicine at the Tel-Aviv University, Israel.
- Co-founder of a multidisciplinary menopause clinic in Tel-Aviv
- Co-founder of the Israel Menopause Society.
- Director, the Menopause Clinic, Assuta HMO, Tel-Aviv, 1987-2010,
- Deputy Head, the Department of Medicine “T”, Ichilov Medical Center, Tel-Aviv, 1987-2011.
- Member of the Board of the International Menopause Society (1999-2011). Treasurer and President Elect of the Society (2002-2005); President of the Society (2005-2008). Director of Development and Education & WSSM Headmaster (2008-2018).
- Member of the Board of the European Menopause Society (1999-2006).
- Editorial Board Member of the journals Climacteric, Menopause and Maturitas.
Serving the IMS in the past, he established and actively managed 2 ongoing educational activities:
- the Menopause Live weekly series (including over 140 commentaries that he has written so far), and
- the WSSM – the World School for the Study of Menopause, which ran many sessions all over the globe.