Citizenship: Costa Rica.
Specialist in Endocrinology
University of Costa Rica 1983 – 1985
- Postgraduate Internal Medicine Residence: 1983- 1984
- Fellow in Endocrinology: 1984- 1985
- Acredition Title: Specialist in Endocrinology
Université René Descartes, Paris, France, 1985 – 1988
- Fellow in Endocrinology
- Resident of Paris Hospitals
- Foreign Assistant of Endocrinology
- Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism of Cochin Hospital
Fellow of the American College of Endocrinology (FACE) since 2016
- Professor of Endocrinology, University of Costa Rica
- Endocrinologist, Department of Endocrinology, Hospital CIMA-San José, Costa Rica
- Founder of the Costa Rican Menopause and Osteoporosis Society, 2007.
- Current President of FLASCYM (Federación Latinoamericana de Sociedades de Climaterio y Menopausia), since 2016, term ends March 2019.
- Past-President and current Secretary of the Costa Rican Menopause and Osteoporosis Society.
- Current President of the Costa Rican Society of Gynecological Endocrinology, term ends October 2018.
- Current Member of the Latin American Regional Advisory Council for The International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF). 2010 – 2020.
- Current Coordinator of the Regional Committee of Experts for the Region of Venezuela, Central America and Caribbean, for The International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF). 2010 – 2020.
- Cofounder of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologist (AACE), Costa Rican Chapter, 2014.
- Current Member of the Costa Rican Endocrinology Directive Board of The Costa Rican Endocrinology and Metabolism Association (ANPEDEM), since 1999.
- Member of The International Menopause Society (IMS), since 1997.
- Advisory Board Member for: Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline, MSD, Astra-Zeneca, Johnson & Johnson, Roche, Lilly- Boeringher., Novo Nordisk.
- Main Researcher of various Phase II and III clinical trials for diabetes drugs.
various in international medical journals:
- New England Journal of Medicine,
- Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism.
- Journal of Diabetes and Its Complications.
- Current Medical Research and Opinion.
- The International Journal of Clinical Practice.
- Annales d’Endocrinologie
Speaking Engagements & Involvement
- Scientific presentations in various international congresses.
- National and international medical speaker: lectures on Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Obesity, Dyslipidemia, Cardiovascular prevention, Menopause and Osteoporosis.
- Active participation in National and Regional Programs of Medical Education.
- Honorary Member of the French Society of Endocrinology, since 1987.
- Honorary Member of the Peruvian Menopause Society, since 1996.
- Honorary Member of the Peruvian Obstetrician and Gynecologist Society, since 2014.
- Honorary Member of the Uruguay Obstetrician and Gynecologist Society, since 2014.
- Honorary Member of The Panama Osteoporosis Council, since 2015.
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the Latin American Diabetes Association (ALAD), Gestational Diabetes, since 2015.