Timothy Hillard DM FFSRH FRCOG
Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist, Poole Hospital, Dorset, UK
Graduated from Southampton University in 1982 and spent most of his postgraduate training at King’s College Hospital, London where he developed special interests in Menopause and Uro-gynaecology. He received his MD in 1994 for work on transdermal HRT and osteoporosis. He is a member of the British Society of Uro-Gynaecology and a Fellow of the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Health.
He has been a Consultant since 1994 where he has been Associate Medical Director and now lead for Gynaecological services. He heads a busy Uro-gynaecological department and runs one of the few specialist menopause clinics in the South of England outside London. He has lectured and published widely on various aspects of the Menopause and Uro-gynaecology.
Throughout his career he has been actively involved in National organisations relevant to his clinical work.
- British Menopause Society (BMS): current board member and Trustee; past Chairman; President EMAS Scientific meeting London 2009 (hosted by BMS); Chairman of scientific committee for BMS 2012, 2015.
- British Uro-Gynaecology Society (BSUG): immediate past Secretary; previously Chairman of the meetings committee and organiser of annual scientific meetings.
- Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (RCOG): current Chairman of the RCOG Joint standing committee on Patient Safety
- Patient Groups: Patron of The Daisy Network (Charity for Women with premature ovarian insufficiency); Medical advisor to Women’s Health Concern (charity which is patient arm of BMS).
- Editorial work: On Editorial Board of Post Reproductive Health; reviewer for Climacteric, International Uro-Gynaecology journal and others.